Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why do women believe in horoscopes?

Like how dumb are they?

Update:

I highly doubt men actually believe in horoscopes because they probably say they do just to get laid

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

women are generally more superstitious than men

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I believe in Astrology but not horoscopes. Astrology is the study of where the planets, sun and moon are placed at time of your birth; a horoscope is none other than a mere chance prediction and does not apply to all of that certain date. Where the planets, sun and moon are placed are exact for each person providing they have all information needed especially; time of birth.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I choose to believe in things that men wrote off long ago. There's usually a reason why men delegitimized concepts that weren't inherently denigrating to women or femininity and put male supremacist religions in their place.

White men especially WILL NOT inform me of what should be believed.

Men find ways to show their disdain for women everyday. This is no different.

• 2 months ago

I am a woman and I do not believe in horoscopes. Cease your generalizations. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

About 30% of women believe horoscopes compared to 23% of men, so the difference isn't that great. Women are more likely to have an external locus of control and to have been excluded from STEM fields, so we often feel the need to create some kind of world view which justifies these aspects of our lives. I suspect that more of us are anti-vaccination too, which is partly connected to the fact that male medics tend to patronise us and treat us as if we're stupid, leading us to distrust them. I note that you also used the word "dumb" in your question, which supports my point.

• 2 months ago

It's a form of fantasy and most people don't take it seriously.  It's no worse than those people that follow religions.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dont Call Me Dude
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It took YEARS to get rid of Queen Nancy, and even then we were saddled for awhile with the Baker Regencies (James Baker, and later Howard Baker, unrelated but same last names) who ran things until a former head of the CIA was installed as president. 

• 2 months ago

Men believe in horoscopes too, It's not so much believeing them, its just the excitment of something so unrealistic that may come true...

• 2 months ago

Well, some men believe in them too.

Basically, some people are just comfortable with believing in dumb things.

Astrology is made-up garbage, yes, but I think people are fascinated by the depth of it as a fictional concept. It's like being into Star Wars or Star Trek, only most of those people are happy to acknowledge that it is make-believe.

• Drone
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not only women..for example me I don't believe in horoscope..but my best friend an astrologist listed a few things what will happen to me in due time..all happen exactly..so I was confused how..

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

and if a man wants to get laid, he's going to believe in it too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.