Billy asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Has anyone else noticed that in the past few months Yahoo Answers has been getting like only half as many questions as before?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Laredo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, I did notice that there are not so many questions being submitted.  I also noticed that the standard of the questions has also dropped and there are a lot of rubbish/silly questions being submitted.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, but in the past few years that's been the case (many quality users left for various reasons, and the trolling/abuse flourished)

• Robert
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Hello Billy,

I'm sure it is just as popular, but either deliberately or through some form of software bug some people are unable to post questions.

I am unable to post questions anymore because they do not appear in their stated category and so no one can see them. This issue may be referred to by some, as "ghosting".See example (about end September 2019):https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

Robert.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A lot of the people I used to enjoy interacting with are gone. Sometimes I feel obligated to ask a bunch of questions in my "home" category just to keep it hanging on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, Yahoo Answers is another casualty of Coronavirus. So many people were bored and came on here trolling that half the users were suspended. The other half who don't troll are now what is left and we don't use it but once or twice a week. The trollers were on daily. 

Yahoo Answers is in its last days due to Coronavirus and the Economic Meltdown. 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There still are more than anyone can answer.

If people would all use the site as intended, it would be a lot more quiet

• Billy2 months agoReport

As intended is super boring compared to what it is though.

• You are still getting around the same amount of questions that you have gotten in the near past.  The problem is most questions are getting ghosted and the asker doesn't realize this.  So all those questions can not be seen by the users here unless the asker moves them to a different subcategory and back to the original subcategory.

• Robert
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Contributor Mypenri wrote in his answer: "unless the asker moves them to a different subcategory and back to the original subcategory": > No. I've tried that. My question became listed in its stated category only until I logged-off.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have Noticed a Little Increase thats probably just Because of the Lock Down period Everyone is Stuck at Home Im sure once its over its gonna go back down

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Daniel wrote: "I realize there are people that Hate my Answers ...": Well, I have never noticed that. He also seems to have deliberately taken my comments personally. I consider Daniel's answers to be professional. I prefer responses that do not ignore issues that have been raised; as he has, again.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's caused by people that continually post extremely stupid questions like this over and over...https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have noticed. I used to be able to answer my 160 questions every day, no problem. Now it is almost impossible to do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.