Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

How can I remove this splinter? ?

It's not in very far as I slipped on the fence. What's the safest way to remove it please? I don't have baking soda (read to try that) 

• Will.

Use tweezers to pull it out. If you cannot do that use a needle to prize it out. Remember to use disinfectant on the needle and on your hand.

• patty

get some tweezers and pull out

Use tweezers to get the skin lose over the entry point then put some DUCK TAPE on it and work it out the opposite way it went in.

'

IF it a wood splinter... Just put some gas on it and burn it out like a stump..

Good way to remove a splinter:  Rub a thick layer of white glue--like Elmer's glue--over the area. Let it dry completely, then peel it off. You can repeat this as many times as it takes. If the skin has closed up over the hole where the splinter went in, you can open it back up with a pin or needle first. 

• Da

I usually just use a razor blade and cut them out.

If the hole is bigger, they come out easier

I first try squeezing it out like you'd pop a pimple. If that doesn't work I dig it out with a straight pin.

• Edwena

Take a needle and with a combination of tearing the skin on top of the splinter and carefully getting the needle under the splinter to lift it, plus a gentle push with your finger nail, it should come out.

• Texperson

Yes to procedure.  But get some alcohol and clean the needle and your skin before starting.

• Use a sewing needle.  Sterilise it first either by dipping it into boiling water or in a gas flame.  Then let it cool down a bit.  First, try pushing from the bottom of the splinter with the side of the needle and it may go back the way it went in.  If that doesn't work, pick away the layer of skin over the splinter with the point of the needle until it can be picked off.  Wash the wound well and let it bleed to remove any foreign material.

• Snezzy

A safety pin works better than a sewing needle. The blunter point is a better shape, and the body of the pin makes it easier to hold.

I use cuticle nippers to remove splinters, I just cut them out.

If you have good, sharp nippers, it’s pretty painless.

• Zany

That is the best method, period. You already have a wound that deep anyway.