If I leave my house without a mask, I will Die of Corona Truth or Hoax? If I don't die, I will cause someone else to die Truth or Hoax?

If you die in a car crash WITH corona, you are recorded as dying OF Corona? Truth or Hoax?

Are we clear now on what's a Hoax and whqat isn't?

Oh, and BTW, If you have to LIE to make your point, What the hell good is your point?

Umm what does this have to do with space again?

• Mark

Out of the house, if you are in open air, not wearing a mask is OK...  But if you go into a store (close people, no breeze blowing through), THAT is a good reason for wearing one.

• Clive

What does this have to do with astronomy and space?

Yes, I think we are clear on what's a Hoax [sic] and whqat [sic] isn't.  We are clear that your question is a Hoax with a capital H.  However, as far as I know, no one has ever died of Corona Truth (whatever the hell that is).

It does not seem they have an answer to Corona

People are still dying, even with these lockdowns

That is no Lie

It is a good job it is not Rabies

Below is my favourite kind of Corona

Source(s): Slurp !!
  • They're saying no matter how you die, if you had the virus in you - then just label the cause of death the virus.

so for example If I cut your head off, but they find the virus in your decapitated body, they'll not put down 'death by decapitation' instead, they will put it down to you having a virus.

insane isn't it ?

WTF does this raving nonsense have to do with Astronomy & Space ?

That depends if you breathe in the coronavirus, and how susceptible you are to it.

In some places, anyone who has tested positive and then dies, is counted as a COVID-19 victim. This approach will over-estimate the number of COVID-19 deaths.

In this extreme approach, the car crash scenario might be counted.

In other places, even if you die coughing your lungs out three weeks after kissing an infected patient, you will not be counted UNLESS there is a doctor right there, willing to test you for the coronavirus AND willing to fill your death certificate as having dies of COVID-19. Since that is a lot of work, most don't bother. This approch will under-estimate the number of COVID-19 deaths.

Those are the two extremes.  Most places fall somewhere in between. There are a few places that are very close to the first extreme example (province of Quebec, in Canada).

There are a few places that are very close to the second extreme examples (a dozen states in the USA).

---

Risk is a combination of probability and consequences.

Certain actions will increase the probability of something happening without changing the level of consequences.

Other actions will leave the probability unchanged, but increase the consequences of the something happening.

Not wearing a mask when exposed to many other people will increase the probability of propagation. It will not change the consequences.  For example, if you are young and healthy, you might easily survive COVID-19. Nor wearing a mask might increase your chances of catching it, but it will not change the fact that you could survive the infection.

On the other hand, taking certain drugs (whether legal or not) may render your body less likely to fight off a viral infection. It may not increase the probability of catching the coronavirus, but it may make you sicker if you do catch it.

---

A hoax is a lie, told by a person who knows it is a lie, for the purpose of fooling other people.

It is not clear if the Orange Führer is a hoaxer, as there is always a possibility that he actually believes his own lies.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

if  you  die  in  your  sleep … truth  or  hoax?

if  you  walk  out  your  front  door  and  get  hit  by  car … truth  or  hoax?

if  you  commit  suicide … truth  or  hoax?

get  over  yourself.