When driving home from work last night I saw a young teen girl walking down the road at 3am Should I have done something?

When I was driving home from work last night at like 3am I saw a young teen girl probably 14 or 15 with a backpack and a hoodie walking slowly down the road with a blank look on her face. I didn’t feel it was any of my business so i kept driving. I’m feeling guilty like I should have called the cops. If she got kidnapped it’s on me, should I have called 911

You should have IMPERSONATED someone old enough to drive and minded your own business. That would mean NOT positing this question.

Yes, you should have. The police could check on her to see if there is some action necessary. They would rather find out that things are okay with a 5 minute interview (90% of the time), instead of looking for a 15-year old runaway.

• Maxi

You should have called th non emergency police number........... as 3am , young female teenager is not 'normal'...and you should still phone the non emergency police and report your concerns............as some parents might be missing their teenager daughter and your reporting it could help, last seen/time/route of walking etc etc

You call the non emergency number

You do not stop, could have been a set up for robbery or a car jacking

The problem is it could have been a set up. You stop, a gang springs out from beside the road, and robs or kills you.

I would have just stopped and asked, "Hey kid, are you OK?"  And maybe asked if she needed me to call the cops or, at the very least, a cab.  Chances are she was just walking home from her boyfriends house or something.  But it doesn't hurt to check.  It might seem weird to see a kid that age out that late, but you'd be amazed at how many kids have dysfunctional, loser parents who have no clue where their kids are at, what they're doing, and simply don't care (trust me, I know...I work with 'at-risk' youth for a living).

Maybe, but it is difficult to know what to do in this situation, on balance i would have called the police, they could have asked her if she was ok then.