My mom had a dream about me and my ex getting married. What does that mean?

To dream of a marriage signifies commitment, harmony or transitions. You are undergoing an important developmental phase in your life. The dream may also represent the unification of formerly separate or opposite aspects of yourself. In particular, it is the union of feminine or masculine aspects of yourself. Consider the qualities and characteristics of the person that you are marrying. These are the qualities that you need to look at incorporating within yourself.

To dream of a proposal of marriage suggests that some situation will take a turn for the worse.

To dream that you are getting married to your ex suggests that you have accepted aspects of that relationship and learned from those past mistakes. Alternatively, it means that a current relationship shares some commonality with your previous relationship with your ex. However, since you are aware of the similarities, you know not make those same mistakes.

To dream that you are in an arranged marriage suggests that you are feeling forced to do something you do not want to do. You are reluctantly moving into a new stage in your life. You feel that you have no voice or no choice in a situation. Consider how a waking situation may be making you feel voiceless.

To dream that you marry someone in order save their soul refers to the sacrifices you are making in that situation or relationship. You always play the role of the protector in the relationship and try to shield others from being hurt.

Source(s): Dreammoods.com

Marriage in dream is symbolic of close emotional relationships. Since it was your mom that had the dream, probably she thinks you & your ex WERE fit for each other. It is a sort of wishful dream reflecting her thoughts about you.

What is important to know is that dreams are not meant to be literal. Secondly, dreams convey a message to the dreamer. Thus, this dream is about your mother and perhaps her relationship to you. If your mom had conveyed the dream here, it would have been presented differently to reflect the emotions experienced during the dream experience. Any interpretation would therefore be unreliable. It would be my guess that the dream is about the desire of your mother for you to be happy. Perhaps there was some seed of happiness she saw when you and your ex were together. This does not mean in any way that you should consider getting back together. Quite the contrary. You need to get on with your life, leave the past behind and make choices which would lead towards your personal success and happiness. I am sure your mother would be happy if you find success and happiness. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Meditations for the Journey into Light by C. Mohan

The dream might mean you will remember a character trait or method of living or way of viewing from your past and apply it to your present life for more progress

That is called a wish-fulfillment dream.  But remember it is your mother's wish in her own dream.  Ask her what she was thinking.  Why would you want to marry your ex?  But it is not you who is dreaming, so why does she wish you to marry your ex?  Maybe she is just eager for you to be married, settle down, have grandkids for her. 

It means nothing to the real world.

That means nothing, don't be too hopeful

It means your mom's being passive aggressive. Even if she did have that dream, which I'm not sure I'd believe if I were you, the only possible reason for her telling you that is to manipulate you. I mean, I'm sure she's not telling you all her dreams, not even all her dreams with you in them, but, in fact, she hardly ever tells you her dreams, so ask yourself: "Why this one?" She has an agenda is why.

Nothing. It's a dream.