Out of work since march 13th My job sent me a letter saying I lost my job, they offered me a lower position and a pay cut. Can they do that?
They also want me to let them know in a week if I will take the lower position and pay cut. But I'm home with my kids doing school work. If I don't take the job I will lose my unemployment.
- A HunchLv 73 months agoFavourite answer
You are able to continue unemployment if you don't have child care.
Child care is re-opened in most areas.
The extra $600 unemployment ends July 25.
you could be out of work a long time. Are you prepared for it
- MamawidsomLv 73 months ago
You are mixing up different issues:
1. Yes, a company can let an employee go and or eliminate their position.
2. A company is not required to offer that employee another position, but they are free to do so.
3. A terminated employee can choose whether or not to take the offered job. They are not obligated to do so.
3. A person who is NOT actively looking for work is not eligible for unemployment. If you are not looking for work, then you aren't eligible.
4. If you are actively looking for work, you will not lose your benefits if you reject a job that you didn't apply for and don't want.
- ALv 73 months ago
yes they can. employment is at will
- JudyLv 73 months ago
of course they can.........................
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- BarryLv 53 months ago
Take the offer. Then later on start looking for a better position. Some people are getting fired with no safety net.