Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Do some users pretend to be misogynists to make all users who critique feminism look even worse than the real misogynists do?

It’s a very effective propaganda technique. You build an extreme straw man for people to point to and undermine the more level-headed dissenters.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some people are just trolls looking for arguments. On this site you'll find them in both the misogynist and the misandrist forms.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That would explain Micks special problems.

• 2 months ago

Even if that's true, their points can be picked apart by both sides

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

Sure, people can push back against such users, but the point is that it misrepresents the pervasiveness of genuine misogyny.

• 2 months ago

"Do some users pretend to be misogynists to make all users who critique feminism look even worse than the real misogynists do"

Uhh yeah!  That's a variant of the false-flag tactic used in war.  Where you can't goad your enemy into attacking you first, so you can then justify going to war against them, you just create your own attack against yourself by pretending it to be the enemy and blame them while holding the high ground in the public forum.

Feminism NEEDS men to be the "toxic" rapists /sexists / misogynists that their "feminists theories" say they are.  The overwhelming majority of the population of reasonable men doesn't foster the gender war that feminism needs in order to keep itself going in an age of full female agency and equal Rights in the West.  So feminists immediately grab on to any individual action by a brutish or unrefined man and then attempt to make him the model for "men" that only they (feminists) can save women from.  When even those rare examples become hard to find, they just create their own attacks against themselves, like Anita Sarkeesian did through anonymous tweets and social media accounts.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • liz
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes there may be some who ham it up a bit and for others it just comes naturally. 

It does seem quite common for those who critique feminism to display misogyny, whether it’s real or fake I’m not sure which.  And it almost always goes unchallenged by anti-feminists. I can’t remember one instance of that happening in fact.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't recall any feminists undermining any of the arguments made here. To the most part the feminists here are worthless posters that don't even say much. 

• 2 months ago

You have a good point.  But many of these men, it seems, are mostly incels who feel it is a woman's fault they can not get a hookup with them. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I’ve done it lol. The best part is how easy it is to pawn it off as being real. People like you look crazy and there’s no proving that you’re right. They will even accuse you of writing this answer.

I also ignore questions that expose the less than fair aspects of feminism.

• 2 months ago

🥴 Oh no, baby. They're full on BETA MALE CRIERS.

AND this category is made up more of misogynist men and women than Feminists.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.