I am interested in buying a kawasaki z125 pro, but the dealers around me are asking for $4,100 out the door while the average price is $3400?

Can you help me because i am not sure what to do. Such as any tips on how to talk them down from their price. Thank you!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Price sounds about right if you figure in MSRP, dealer prep, shipping, sales tax (if applicable in your area), and possibly the registration fees.  You might be able to negotiate some of these (not all) down but not by a lot.

As pointed out, there is not a lot of profit to be made on a such a small sale, and the dealer has to cover his expenses to stay in business.  You might consider looking for a used late model instead.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

You can buy an entry-level 300cc bike (i.e. "a real motorcycle") for that much money.

• 1 month ago

That's a LOT of money for a miniature, air-cooled, 4-speed 125cc motorcycle...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Profit margins are really tight on most dealers, they probably could not come down that far. But take cash and ask, if it does not work walk out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Shop for another brand bike at a dealer that wants your business.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.