Marriage used to be a sacrament, the bonding of two souls.Nowadays it's reduced to being a mere contract.Is it due to increasing Godlessness?

.. in the society ? 

wrong. marriages are secular; weddings are often of a religious nature,

Getting married in a church, along the side of a bayou or a river with a priest or preacher is not legally considered a marriage until the couple registers  their marriage at the appropriate office, be it City Hall or another government office. You can get married or go trough the motions of getting married by a religion so-called minister everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, and that is not considered a legal marriage.  That is why you must obtain a marriage license.

“Funny till karma”. Indeed....

Yes and it’s funny that the man who started with the ‘no-fault’ divorce legislation which made that sacrament-turned-contract a complete joke was actually a republican named Ronald Reagan. In September 1969 he passed the countries first no-fault divorce law in California. Then it spread to all the other states and is now legal in all 50 states. And he was the darling of the Moral Majority. . So go figure. 

Kind of ironic isn’t it? He later said it was probably his worst political decision but what good does that do now? He made it so easy for people to just tear up the marriage “contract” that everybody just started doing it. They Didn’t even have to have a reason anymore. “Irreconcilable differences”. What does that mean? Things can usually be worked out, can’t they?  And that’s the sure path to tearing apart the fabric of a society if you ask me.

Tearing apart the family. And children of divorced parents tend to end up getting divorced themselves I believe statistically. I know it was the case with me. On some subconscious level when the marriage isn’t working out you just assume that that’s the only solution. 

And the courts are there to willingly and gladly help you since it’s a business now. No fault divorce and custody court is just a business. And a very lucrative one. For the judges, attorneys, marshals, court clerks, “guardians ad litem” and all the rest.

And then after you see your children destroyed by the divorce and you don’t get to see them and you lose all your money and you wonder what the purpose of life is, you realize it was all a big mistake. Divorced fathers and mothers have been known to commit suicide. The rate is much greater for divorced fathers who are often treated brutally by the court system. I know I was. Like a criminal who had committed no crime, but that’s how I was treated.

I was even arrested for contempt of court during one hearing for telling the apparently misandrist judge that her courtroom was “corrupt”. And I knew it was, because If I had not experienced it directly anyway,my son’s mother who worked for that court It certainly told me enough lurid stories about how corrupt it actually was. So for exercising my first amendment right that day to tell this judge what I thought of her courtroom , I was literally placed in handcuffs and ankle cuffs (!) and treated like a violent rapist or murderer. 

I told the court that my son was being badly treated by his stepfather and although  they were obviously “mandated reporters”,they ignored it because his mother worked for that same court. So I never had a chance. I had absolutely no rights and she was treated like royalty.

I lost the ability to see my son once because he was being abused by his stepfather and begged me not to send him back to his mother and stepfather after one weekend visitation. So I kept him an extra night. For that I lost my shared custody. And was unable to see him or talk to him for a while. As per the judges orders.

Yes I’ve experienced firsthand what the result of “no-fault” divorce is. For some of us it ends our lives. I guess I was strong enough to not commit suicide after the homelessness I experienced after it, and the brutality of that courtroom. 

Not everybody is so lucky. But it definitely destroyed me in many ways. I never really recovered from the experience.

Surpise, surprise!  The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution separates church from state.  Oh!  But I almost forgot.  The Constitution is Godless propaganda.  Guess we better go live in North Korea.

As far as the secular government is concerned, marriage is a contract.  You can put an overlay of spiritual sacrament on top of that if you like, since we have religious freedom.

Marriage was designed to form a permanent bond of union between man and woman, that they might be mutually helpful to each other. Living together in love and confidence, they could enjoy great happiness. Jehovah created woman as a mate for man by using the man’s rib as a base, thereby making woman man’s closest fleshly relative on earth, his own flesh. (Ge 2:21)  There is no such thing as contract marriage in God's eyes.  That is a man made arrangement for convenience.  Treat marriage as sacred. “What God has yoked together let no man put apart.” (Matthew 19:6) The Creator instituted the marriage arrangement when he introduced the first man, Adam, to his wife, Eve. (Genesis 2:21-24) Christ Jesus, who had been an eyewitness to this event during his prehuman existence, confirmed that Adam and Eve’s marital union was intended to be the start of a lasting relationship. He said: “Did you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart.”​—Matthew 19:4-6.  Here is an article to read regarding marriage https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publ...  Take a Positive View of a Strained Marriage

Source(s): jw.org
    • David1 month agoReport

go against is heavenly father because he wouldn't won't to call the crusaders of the six coloured mob liars because they believe one day they can prove the almighty god wrong.

Marriage has always been a contract but that doesn't mean it can't be a sacrament as well.

• Chi girl

Exactly.

Is it... Im an atheist and so is my wife. We have been married for over 25 yrs and in the most happy years::: We see and live our marriage as a commitment Despite needing no religious organisation to sanctify it.....We dont want or need the religious mumbo jumbo either in all honesty...to be happily married....

• antonius

Veschengro, nice picture, yes it reminds me of Rambo.  You are right, and most people get married not thinking if they really like the other person.  I notice that in persons who think all things are done by their religion.  Continue on helping her as I am sure that she helps you.

I don't know what you're talking about.  Marriage has always been a Sacrament in the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church.

@ Veschengo -- LOVE  the dog!  And congratulations on your happy marriage!  I'm always glad to hear anyone's happy.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • spinesign

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-married-overview-29966.html

• Paul

In God's Church, marriage is still the holy sacrament in which a man and a woman commit themselves to each other for life, just as it always was.

• David1 month agoReport

only too the SATANISTS of this world who are trying to prove the almighty a liar or wrong on his idea of marriage.