Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

I can do 0 pushups like 10 sit-ups, a 10 minute mile, have a B average and want to become a USMC Officer.?

So I am in pretty terrible shape. From a physical standpoint, how can I get a decent enough PT score to become a officer in the USMC? From a schooling standpoint, I do good in Math but not great in English and ok in Science. What strategies can I use to improve that, and what should my GPA be? And finally, how should I become one? ROTC or Annapolis? I know this is a loaded question, so thanks for reading.

Don't worry about it.  Just skip it altogether.  Sometimes it does more harm than good ya know?  Learned that in collage so now I just sit around watching TV all day and so far that's worked out pretty good for me.  I'm glad I was finally able to discover what I'm good at and find success after all these years.  The best part is there's no PT, GPA, USMC or other complicated acronyms involved!

As far as the physical portion, only way to get better is to just do it!! Push yourself. Motivate yourself. Do workouts that will help improve your strength and go for a long run. Do "girl" push-ups if you have to. Do 10 sit-ups if that is all you can do. Eventually you will get better. As for the other stuff, Idk. I was an infantryman in the Army and being smart is not something infantry is known for lol. Have fun and good luck!

Source(s): Myself. Army 2013 - 2017

BS. If you can do a mile you can do significantly better than you claim on both situps and pushups.

With a 'B' average, Annapolis isn't an option. ROTC is a long shot.

• Mrsjvb

You need a 3.75 or better GPA in a STEM degree.  

A B average will in no way qualify you For USNA.  

Go to the local gym and ask them to put you on a program. 

With a B average ROTC is your only chance; no way in hell you get into the Naval Academy.

You have a lot of work to do. Forget Annapolis. ROTC in college requires very good grades. If you want to get in shape join the USMC as a grunt and work hard and apply for OCS after 4 years.

forget the naval academy or NROTC its already to late-- they want fit smart candidates

as to PT, start exercising, its that simple