Why cant a baby be genderfluid/nonbinary?

🤦‍♂️They can't be either of those because there's no such thing. The only real genders are male or female. Gender and sex have been used interchangeably as synonyms for many years. Eg. on any form you fill out (job applications, drivers licenses, doctors notes, bank documents, etc.) they ask what is your gender or what is your sex. Also when an expecting mother finds out the sex of their baby they sometimes throw a GENDER reveal party. There's not billions of genders, so please stop with this nonsense you crazy SJW snowflakes! I don't care that we all technically start off as females while still in the womb. After 16-21 weeks of pregnancy we can tell oh look the baby has a penis making it a boy or oh other than the umbilical cord, there's no phallus so it's going to be a girl. We don't need to be confusing our kids by raising them as genderless "theybies" 

WhY CaN'T My CaT Be NoNBiNaRy??

The simple answer is that a baby or child COULD possess a fluid or non-binary identity. The matter is that they lack the words and conceptual understanding to identify themselves such.

Take me, as an example. The best way to describe it is that, for as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be BOTH the Knight in Shining Armor AND the Princess in the tower. I've always looked up to Xena as well as Hercules, and if I were forced to choose one I could be I couldn't tell you which I would pick until the choice has to be made. One second later, I very well might choose the other one instead.

The only reason I can identify as "non-binary" now is because I know that identity exists. I didn't suddenly "become" non-binary, I've always wanted to be both the knight and the princess, I've always identified somewhere outside of the binary. It's how I've always been...but until I knew what the word for that was, I couldn't identify myself with that word I didn't know about.

When they can't talk, it is hard to know that. Even transsexual kids, for the most part, can't express who they are until around age 4.

Because babies are still influenced by gender. For instance, in some communities a female fetus tends to be aborted due to the dowry system and the greater status of males.

• Sky

Because a baby is barely aware of its own existence, let alone anything regarding gender.  A child needs to at least be old enough to have some self awareness in order to understand gender and the difference between the sexes before he/she can have any sense of "I am a boy" vs. "I am a girl" vs. what's physically between the legs.

• Sky

SJWs do quite often take things to extremes, which is why I tend to ignore them.  It's not that parents are raising their kids in a "bizarre" way, but instead are being more accepting of their kids being different from what they might otherwise expect, and encouraging the kid to be their true self.

Because a baby can't comprehend what it means to be genderfluid/nonbinary. But a baby can be brought up in a gender-neutral way

A baby is incapable of communicating that to you. Until the child is old enough to do that I would raise them as the gender they were assigned at birth.

Too young