Do you have to diet when working out?
I’m a female but like say I wanted to only work my abs to get like hard core abs or just like glutes and thighs and wasn’t trying to lose weight do I have to diet or do I have to eat better foods???
- 1 month ago
🔗If you consider not eating processed foods a diet, then yes 👍
- FireplaceLv 62 months ago
You don't say what you do eat, so it's impossible to say if you have to eat "better foods".
- mintleeLv 42 months ago
You don't have to, but what's the point of exercising if you're just going to eat like crap?
Abs are made in the kitchen, haven't you heard that before? A great body is 80% diet and 20% exercise. If you're going to do anything, eat healthy instead.
- MamawidsomLv 72 months ago
You're mixing up different ideas:
1. Exercise can help burn calories and build muscle. If you workout every day, you will build muscle tone.
2. Weight loss is 80% diet. It is very unlikely anyone will lose a significant amount of body fat just by exercises. Calorie restriction has to be involved to force fat loss.
3. What you eat (whether you are overweight or not or have excess fat or not) is a major factor in your health. Your body needs specific nutrients. If you eat an unhealthy diet you will be unhealthy even if you aren't overweight.
4. To get "hardcore" abs, you will not only need to develop those muscles through exercise but also have vey little fat over those muscles so that they show.
5. You can't spot reduce without a cosmetic procedure like liposuction. If you diet, your body will lose fat everywhere -- you an't just target you abs.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- PatriciaLv 72 months ago
Talk with a personal trainer.
- JohnLv 42 months ago
Well, you don't have to diet when working out, but if you have too much fat on you, you won't be able to see your abs. It's always good to eat healthy foods.
- Emily RoseLv 62 months ago
You should. Because getting in shape is 80 percent diet and 20 percent exercise. Eating healthy is just as important as working hard when you exercise. Follow the 80/20 rule 80 percent of the time you eat healthy and clean and 20 percent of the time you can eat junk food here and there. But if you have a low body fat percentage already then your abs will show up a lot sooner than someone who has a high body fat percentage. You can also get a slow cooker and look up clean eating recipes. Just get everything ready to go ahead of time so you're not waiting forever to eat when you get hungry.