clown asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why is my heart rate always so fast and how to help it?

I am a female, 20 years old. I am 5’1 and about 135 pounds. My bpm is about 76 and maintains the same almost all day. I do have anxiety, depression and asthma if that helps, but none of them are particularly bad right now. There’s nothing that really triggers it and it mostly remains the same. I am doing regular exercises  to try to lose weight, which does speed it up. Why is it so fast and is there any way to help it relax? It feels like it pounding really fast and it’s starting to make me nervous. 

76 is fine for a resting pulse. Of course it will speed up when being more active; it is supposed to

Source(s): Healthcare professional

Because you're overweight and out of shape.

76 is average, the normal heart rate is between 60-100, but a resting rate above 80 that persist is alarming

• d

That's a normal heart rate. 

• Jamey

76 is normal. Superfit people are about 40. I'd start worrying if it goes towards 100.

Your heart rate sounds normal. Why are you concerned?

• Petter

76 is a normal heart rate. If it speeds up at times, it could be due to your anxiety. no? Maybe more subconciously than you think...

• Barry

For adults 18 and older, a normal resting heart rate is between 60 and 100 beats per minute. So you are 100% normal.