Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Is it pedophilia for a 19 year old to be attracted to a 16 year old?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No! pefophilia is when an adult is attracted to a preteen, 16 is a teen not a preteen

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

No, but it might be illegal.  Age of consent laws and close-in-age allowances vary by jurisdiction.  It's totally legal where I live, but you might not live in Canada.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, but depending on the ages, that's a fairly large difference.  It could be as little as two years (the 19 year old just turned 19 and the 16 year old is about to turn 17) or as many as nearly 4 hours (the 19 year old is close to turning 20 and the 16 year old just turned 16).  The first isn't really an issue although they might get some looks, the second case is going to raise some eyebrows.

• 1 month ago

if 60 , 70 and 80 year old celebs and famous people can date and f**k 20 something year olds,  its perfectly fine for you to date and f**k a 16 year old.

providing shes sexually mature that is.

physical age is irrelevant, mental age is most important even if biologically the person is sexually ready, mentally they are not so if you have sex a 30 year old woman who has the mental age of 8 or 9, you are a Pedophile in my books.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's not pedophilia. You're both teenagers. It MIGHT however, be considered statutory rape if you had sex with a 16 year old. Don't do anything stupid.

• 1 month ago

No. But it still may be illegal to date depending on which state you're in. In some, if you're 18 or over you can't even date someone 16.

• 1 month ago

Being a pedophile means one has sexual contact with an adolescent child.

What it is in your case...is, if you have sex with a 16 year old and you are 19, that, my dear, is something called statutory rape, and it will place you on the sex offender''s registry list.

Not worth it.  Also, her parents will most likely object, causing her a world of problems at home.

Better to go about your life and contact her after her 18th birthday.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not paedophilic to be attracted to anyone.

But it IS to act sexually on those feelings if the junior party is below the age of consent.  That varies across one world  

If in doubt, don’t

• ...Show all comments
    • Erin1 month agoReport

Ok so you are wrong. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual states pedophlia is attraction to prepubsecent children and extends to 13 years of age. Thus that is no pedophilia. Could be forced to register as a sex offender by US law though, depending on the circumstances.

• A pedophile is someone attracted to someone under the age of 12 (?).

Many people don't realize this but 16/17 is the age of consent in more states than 18, both Canada and The United Kingdom have the age of consent at 16.  So you're fine in my opinion.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A majority of U.S. states have, in the last few years, raised the age of consent from 16 to 18. 

• 1 month ago

No, I’ve seen many 16 y/o girls that look 25. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.