Vanessa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

my dad says i’m fat... help?

so today i was going to the kitchen to get an apple or a fruit basically and my dad just stared me down until i put it back, like he was thinking “ god she’s just gonna get fatter, ugh she’s so fat and ugh she can’t stop eating” that’s how he makes me feel. like i’m

not fat i’m only like 2 or 3 kg overweight and i’m eating more healthier and less to lose that so i don’t understand why he just stared at me like “oh no she’s eating again” he makes my cry the most almost everyday, about every little thing like he says i can’t do things, i’m fat, i need to exercise more, don’t do that, are u even thinking at all? and it makes me cry. i’m 13 btw and i weigh like 126 pounds. please what can i do about this?

Your dad never said that you're fat...you said that's what you think he was thinking. I think your just being self conscious. Also, if you are above 5'0, 126 pounds is NOT a lot. Be happy with yourself :). I bet you're really pretty. 

You don't need to lose weight, but if it will make you more confident in yourself-- restricting calories and exercising will help. A 13 year old female should eat about 1,500 calories a day. Maybe just cut down to 1,200 calories a day. Giving up sweets will help as well.

Btw, I'm a 13 year old girl as well. I used to weigh 118.5 pounds but I decided to limit my calories, and now I'm 110.5 pounds after one week.