Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Why do most people get upset when they're cheated on?

Some people get furious, while some let it go and move on.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There in love, thats why, what if it happen to you

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Because their trust was betrayed, their time was wasted, and their heart was broken. This was just a ridiculous question anyone would care that they were cheated on by their partner and if they don't then they never cared for their partner.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Gee I don't know; STD's don't wanna get sick, don't know person cheating with. Maybe love that idiot heart and soul, got children and da....

• There are three reasons: the feeling of rejection or hurt pride and self-pity. More visible is the pain of seeing trust in your partner broken. The individual feels hurt, sad, and the episode causes insecurity and low self-esteem. Infidelity is bad for anyone's soul. Isn't it better to end a relationship before you are unfaithful? Better the suffering of an honest farewell than the end for treason. This creates a long-term trauma. Being honest is not an obligation, but education from home. It is forbidden to hurt someone's soul. How about putting yourself in the other's shoes?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on the impact of cheating on the other person.If it amounts to a financial loss he will get upset .If cheating has no severe impact they will let it go and move on.

• 1 month ago

Our society demands it.  So people unthinkingly follow what everyone else expects.  Very much like following fashion.  They don't ever think about what is best for them.  As such they suffer needlessly but no one can fix the problem because it comes from everywhere at once.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think it depends on the person's mindset and how much they actually care.  My first husband cheated.  I was relieved.  At last I had grounds!

• Tj
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When it is you that gets cheated on, you will know why. Cheat on me and you are gone, because id never cheat on you.

• 1 month ago

Cheaters are liars. Cheaters are betrayers. Cheaters plot to decieve. Cheaters are actors.

Cheaters rob you of your trust. Cheaters rob you of your relationship security. Cheaters break your heart. Cheaters ruin your life as you knew it.

That is why most people with feelings get furious at cheaters.

Those who can easily move on, were never really deeply in love in the first place and that is why they do not care or can easily move on. Also, those who can moce on easily have a keen sense of self respect, so dumping a cheating liar is a piece of cake.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's partly about their different personalities and it's also about how they felt about their partners before they were cheated on.  

Some people are more emotionally reactive than others and some of that depends on their cultures and what they learned from others.  While growing up, they copy those behaviors.

Some people have lost interest and feelings for their partners, so when they find out their being cheated on, it's a relief and they have a solid reason to leave them. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.