Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I hit my younger sister and feel bad now?

My sister whos 3 yrs younger than I,  13 year olds,  made fun of a kid with down syndrome that I have babysitted for the past  year and a half now. I admit, I acted wrongfully and I feel excruciatingly bad for what I did. My response was to slap her, and I know violence solves nothing. It just angered me so much because he can't help that he has down syndrome, and my sister has no idea of the struggles he has to go through every single day. And when I told her about it, she laughed. I have since apologized. Am I an abuser? 😢😞

No, you're not an "abuser". You lost your temper and apologized, and unless this is a pattern of repeats, you don't fall into that category. Your sister needs some education, and I would speak about this to your parents and ask for their help. Good wishes,

If you feel bad, you can pray to your god. You can meditate for a while and visualize the situation. You can visualize that the relationship is fine and everything is working well. Positive visualization leads to positive result. 

I grabbed my sister last summer and shook her by the shoulders to get some sense into her. I am 37 and she is 26. It was the best thing I ever did because she no longer speaks to me. I scared her so much she thinks I choked her (I did not choke her but did shake her shoulders calling her a PMS *****). Our parents booted her from the family beach house and told me I did nothing wrong. I think shaking her may have been a mistake on my part but it was the best thing I ever did cause we are estranged now. 

• That doesn't actually sound like a good outcome.

yes you should feel very bad

• Edna

"A kid with down syndrome that I have babysitted for the past  year".??

That should read, "A kid I have babysat during  the past year" .The word is babySAT (past-perfect  tense). There's no such word as babysitted. 

You seem to be taking it upon yourself to try to "educate" your younger sister. If you want to "educate" her in regard to Down syndrome, hand her a medical book - don't slap her.   

I wouldn't call you an abuser, but your knowledge of  capitalization of proper names and your knowledge of present, past, and past-perfect verb tenses are surely lacking. 

• Dr. Stephanie

I agree with Monica; I,too, correct spelling, but this is a young kid, for goodness sake. Focus on helping her, instead.

Ignore your sister from now on she sounds like a phycho that’s sick in the head.

not if you apologized and dont do it again

• Alan H

You are not an abuser.....though for that one moment you were.   Sit down together, apologise again but explain that making fun of people is also abuse.   Tell her that you want to work things through together

Actually it's good for young girls to get beat a lot. It teaches then their place.

not if you apologized and changed your ways