Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is it wrong to be depressed because of things that were my own fault? ?

Bad relationships, bad college grades, being fired twice in a row... I feel like an utter failure and am severely depressed but it’s my own fault

After having done that very same thing to myself several times I began to realize how much I loved being like that.  Oof!  The love of failure.  I hope that isn't your problem.  That is a hard one to get over.  

• .

Start all over again.

- work hard in your education

- get a job & save money

- next time you date someone don’t do the same things you did in your other relationship

We have no way of knowing whether or not these things have actually been your fault. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the things you mention were not your fault. The point I want to make is your logic. If I had too much for dinner, should I not take an antacid, because the indigestion is my fault? If I caught a cold by going out without my umbrella, should I not take cold medicine?

Being depressed prevents us from doing a lot of things that we should be doing. If you need some changes in your behavior, being depressed is not going to help much.

I've answered a lot of mental health questions, with advice from experts about a variety of problems, including how to get help during the health crisis. You're welcome to click and read.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. This answer has details, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS - 

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

You are right. The depression is an aggression turned to yourself. The most of people are depressed because they were injured (mentally). For example, they can't blame their abusers. You have no reason for depression.

• OTTO

At least you are taking responsibility for your life and not blaming others. That's a good start. Now figure out what you did to cause your life to go downhill, and stop doing that!

nah some of the worst stuff we go thru is from our own action