WHY DO TEENS THINK THEYRE SO ADULT?

they are teens back in my day they were kids. and they still are kids. they can't even have a credit card yet.

• L

Because BOTH parents work and the teens are left to fend for themselves.

Internet. cell phones and parents who star telling them when they are 6 they can make their own decisions. People do not want to treat a child like a child anymore and expect to much themn are disappointed when they kid actually does something like a kid would.

I know, but when you can vote at 18, join the army at 17, have sex and drive at 16, it deludes you into thinking you are an adult even though you are still a child.

You are 100% correct that you can't have a credit card as a teen, nor can you drink, smoke, buy a firearm, or even rent a car. 

It simple...  they are going to be adults. It is nature drive for them to want freedom to choose and be independent as this is part of transition and transformation into being an adult.   

They haven't been slapped across their faces enough 

Source(s): Have slapped many teens, it works
  • Jill

Don't you remember when you were a teen and thought you knew everything and all grown ups didn't get anything because they were old? 

because we will end up being adults

Many teens are a lot more adult than actual adults. And then there are the tik tok kidt who just need to die

• edward

Most of the people i know didn’t get credit cards till they were like 20. I got my own card when i was 22, i was fresh out of university and working, it was a good time. The credit card i had when i was a teen was my mom’s card with me and my sister with those emergency spending limits of like $50/day. For gas or something. I didn’t have a credit card when i was a teen that was my own