Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 4 months ago

Do you think there’ll be anymore innovative music that can beat hip hop / rap?

I’m just curious. I’m not a fan of hip hop but I just can’t think of anything that can beat it

Popular music has marketing cycles influenced by what your grandparents when young liked. (You rebel against what your parents liked). So yes it will stop being cool for about 20 years and be replaced by something more 'anthemic' for a while. Just enjoy the time you're growing up in for what it is.

What do you mean by "beat it"? 

• Mr.412

I don’t see it happening. The futuristic/scientific wave died off. 

Nope, nothing can beat it anytime soon. Overall its the best and funnest music. And all you Rock-n-Roll haters need to admit thats its the best. And i disagree with all the other people who said its just a phase and will be replaced by something alse in the future blah blah blah. No it wont. Its been the most populat music for the last 30 years and it will still be the most popular music in the future.

Absolutely - although it might not happen for a while. Tastes change, but often not that fast, hip hop in some form may be popular for decades to come. 

• Based on the fact that most of the futuristic stuff is kept secret and the appoclyptic impoverished is made public, no I don’t think so. We thought that in 2020 there’d be flying machines and futuristic space music (all sorts of  tech stuff) in public but instead most of it is hidden inside the caves of Iraq, Iran and Pakistan. 

If music was to ever become futuristic then we have only touched the tip of the iceberg 

• Seff

Now we got trap metal which is a mix of black music and white music, the best of both worlds caramel complexion