Is it part of my care worker job to clean the clients' home as well?

Personally i don't think it's part of my job, if they want their house cleaned by a clean freak who loves cleaning, they should hire directly from a cleaning company at nearly the same price.

They want us to do 2 hr domestic cleaning of their bathroom, corridors and their kitchen. If i don't like the cleaning part, should i leave?

I'm already looking for another job, a part time office job just to get me through the lockdown before i get back to my live-in care job with a different company that were not hiring before.

Is this fair that they're making us clean??

I have worked with them a long time and i know some carers in the past who turned round and said "That's not part of my job" when they were asked to hoover the floor and all that.

It doesn't really matter whether you think it's fair or not.

The client (or your employer) needs certain services performed.  If you are unwilling to perform those services, you are not a match for the job and should be replaced with someone who can meet the needs. 

Are you self-employed?  Then it's up to you what you agree with your client. If you are employed, ask your boss what is in your job description. 

Ask the company that you work for they should have given you a job description. I was a caretaker and I always cleaned up after myself and the person I was caring for but not really after other people in the house.

Assuming you work for a company then they set the rules for your responsibilities with the client. If you don't know what they are then ask.

.

If you are an independent then you and the client need to agree on what your responsibilities are. 

• PAMELA

You should insist on a proper work contract with all your duties listed, then you agree to it and sign it, so find out what your duties are! i would be surprised if a carer is a cleaner too.