Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

What can I do when I feel like my prime has been wasted?

I'm a 30 year old male. I don't have a degree, I was recently laid off and am unsuccessful finding another job. I only had one interview in which, I was so awful, I could hear the interviewer whisper saying "It's not going to happen," and showed me the door. I feel lost, lack of self-esteem and lack of self-confidence.

I've never even been on a date and most of the girls from my community who I like are either Married or Engaged.

I feel like a total and complete worthless loser because I've haven't really have much success in life.

What can I do to turn my life around and I feel like it's too late and it's already been wasted?

Such great answers, so thanks to everyone who answered.  It was hard to pick a BA because all were great and very helpful so thank you everyone.  

I think you should first talk to someone. You sound very depressed. You are nowhere near old. You have a lot of time left. Do you realize how many marriages end in divorce? Maybe you were lucky enough not to marry someone you weren't compatible with and you just bypassed that whole ordeal. Just because you haven't met the right person yet, doesn't mean it's never going to happen. There are 7.8 billion people on the planet. You will find someone.  As for work, there are a lot of professions you can get into without a college degree. There are training programs you could get into. Try the medical field. Nurse's aids are in high demand. If that's not for you, l understand. Look for something else that is in high demand. You'll be fine. 

You might take solace in knowing that millions of people have followed the same path and felt the same thing. Most of us don't have grand lives, we just survive and experience a few happy moments along the way ...if we're lucky.

You might feel lonely, but you are not alone.

• j153e

Talk with some counselors like at https://www.hopefortheheart.org/ and http://klove.com/

Consult with retraining such as at https://www.rwm.org/

Maybe read helping books like "Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet and "For Couples Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn.

You know so many of us are Jacks of all Trades but a master of none. Many of us lack ambition. Could be you've gone as far as you are going to go. Or you can reach higher if you believe in yourself. You have to have that kind of  ambition to get ahead. Period. All you can do is follow your mind. 

Accept your future is in fast food.

You should get help for depression.

Life is not bad,you just have to find the good.

Get over it unless you want to be that way when your an old person.  

Get back on the horse.  If you are concerned about not having a degree, go to community college and finish your Associates degree and go from there.  You can decide to get a bachelor's or something else if it isn't for you.  You screwed up, so now you have to get out there and unscrew everything.