Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why do I feel this way? ?

So im a 18 year old twin with a sister and nothing in my life ever seemed to be mine. I don’t have my own birthday I don’t have my own school events I don’t even have my own friend group. Everything in my life was shared. Every photo every memory was never just mine. My sister always was along for the ride. Life seems more like a chore instead of a wonder experience. Graduation came up and I was out with my sister. So graduation wasn’t even my own. 

It's hard to have someone who has been attached to you due to birth.  Some parents do not understand that twins are two different personalities and are continuously try ing to link them because it is soo cute.  

I would look at changing things about myself that tell me I am my own person.  Dress differently.  Wear your hair differently. Go out and chose friends that are more to your liking than hers.  Let her know you love her dearly but you need to be yourself.  

One thing that you have that no one else has is an internal attachment to someone that no one can break.  Her pain will be your pain.  Your excitement will be her excitement.  Be happy for the fact you will have a best friend for life.  Someone to talk to, share secrets with, and laugh with.  In time when you marry you will find you miss those times together.  Treasure what you have.  I understand how you feel but understand it's harder when you have no one to share it with.

cause you want your privacy too, im an identical twin myself and im grown now and feel like i miss those times

I'm an only child, and it's lonely. I would give anything in the world to trade places with you. 

I worked with a girl who was a twin. On prom night her sister was with a bf and he got a flat tire. They were off to the side of the road changing it and were both killed when a drunk driver ran into them and their car. She was then an only child and sooo sad and depressed because, like you, they did everything together.

you are jellous of her. she probably gets more attention then u get and u probably feel less than. 

You are jealous