Anonymous

Should I take out a student loan to pay for housing?

(Female, 21 yrs) I currently have no loans and my credit score is good. I am a full time student as well as waitress. I currently live with my parents and sister whom I share a room and bed with. I have no privacy, the bathrooms don’t even have locks. My parents are always fighting and the cops coming over due to noise complaints are common. They don’t really support a lot of my life choices either. The pro however is that I don’t have to pay rent. I would be renting a studio in NYC for $1,300.

What year are you? Are you talking about a year to graduate, or four? $16K isn't a bad debt load; $62K is. 

Talk to the financial aid office at your college and see what they can do for you. You might qualify for some financial aid (grant or scholarship) that doesn't have to be paid back.

• SimplytheFACTS

it would be more...student will also be paying utilities and groceries, etc..maybe more that parents are currently covering...