Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and I was negative however I'm still worried. I knowsounds crazy allow me to explain.?

Had intercourse on May 6th however I take birth control pills everyday as instructed and he used a condom. However he wasn't turned on so so sperm was in the condom once he took it off. So I decided to take a pregnancy text last week Wednesday which marked 2 weeks since I've had intercourse. However according to my period tracker my next period is scheduled to come on tommmrow and I'm freaking out thinking the worst what if. I'm just really worried and freaking out although I took a pregnancy test last week and the results were negative.

Birth control when used as directed stops ovulation.  No ovulation means NO EGG.  No egg means NO PREGNANCY no matter how much sex you have.

Why are you wasting your time with a period tracker.  When you are using birth control pills, the withdrawal bleed is always going to happen during the placebo week of the pills.  Any app you have is only GUESSING based on past patterns and past data.  Your hormone birth control pill is controlling your cycle so there is no need to "guess".  

It can take up to three weeks after sex to get a positive test.  But the chances of your pill failing is very low if you are using it as directed.  (less than 1% chance)  

Using a condom in addition to the pill is still a great option to protect against STD's and to know that you are already using the right back-up method in case your pill would fail.  The chances of both the pill and the condom failing AT THE SAME TIME is extremely low.  Don't worry about feeling like the condom failed because the chances of your pill failing at the same time is highly unlikely.

< and I'm freaking out thinking the worst what if >

Worse is that you are pregnant.

• Jill

1. You tested too early so forget that pregnancy test. Always wait until your period is late.

2. Birth control pills stop ovulation so if you take them every day as instructed there is no reason to think you could be pregnant. 

3. Women on the pill don't get their period. They have withdrawal bleeding when they take the placebo pills or take a break week. Why are you using a tracker? You should well know when it's the placebo/break and that you will bleed then. 

4. If the semen was inside the condom what are you worried about? - that's where it's supposed to be. 

You don't have a period while on birth control. You have withdrawal bleeds