chicago2210 asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Do you think the 2020 baseball season will be played?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Kurt
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

If it's played, it would be a shortened regular season (81 games) with the possibility of no fans in attendance.

• Kevin1 month agoReport

Half a season is not a season, rather not have a season with anything less than 100 games

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 weeks ago

no i do not think it will .the covid-19 is still high and players and other people can get sick very easy no matter how safe they make it

• Mier
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I’m starting to suspect not

• 2 months ago

i honestly do not think so and this would severely impact baseball

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's not looking good, especially since Scott Boreass has inserted himself into the process.

I can understand the players being angry: The window of time in which they have to fleece teams out of millions of dollars is very, very small. So they don't want to give up the money they've already scammed owners out of.

Ghetto Blake Snell is a prime example of this; one good season in four but that boy says that he won't pay unless he gets paid.

But the owners have a strong argument, too. No one thought that when play resumed games would be played in empty stadiums. The owners will still be paying for stadium maintenance but no fans means no ticket sales. And the owners will be losing money for lost games that will never be paid.

Plus, team employees and minor league players were paid for the first nine weeks of the season and that's money the owners will lose, too.

I think the owners should cancel the season and let the ungrateful sacks of sh!t who get paid to play a stinking game go without a paycheck for a year. 

Here's a perfect example of players trying to justify their greed: Under the owners latest proposal Mike Trout would lose 70% of the money he would have made under the original agreement. Instead of $19M+ he'd receive "just" $6M.

The players say that this isn't fair to him because his wife is having a baby in June.

WTF? If you can't birth and raise a kid on $6,000,000 you need to put a gun in your mouth and pull the damn trigger. You're too stupid to live, let alone procreate.

MLB players are scum.

• 2 months ago

Given where the owners and players stand as of this morning, I do not. It can still be worked out, but the divide seems too large to come to an agreement soon.

• 2 months ago

Eve dually they figure out how to split the money between the billionaires and millionaires and play some games. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Lee
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Not all of the MLB players are millionaires and nit all MLB owners are billionaires

• 2 months ago

I don't expect it to.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, but spitballs will be prohibited. What's that? They already ar--? Are you sur--? Okay. Um, never mind.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.