Ava asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

My life is hell help... Please...?

Im 24, my husband is dying of cancer, and is mean to me whenever its not something he wants to hear out of my mouth, so im conflicted whether to leave or stay. I have no job, because of this covid crap and i have bipolar 1 disorder and am waiting on disability. No car, and nothing going for me. What can i do to fix my life? I have low self esteem and am not pretty. Like at all. I just wanna die.

That is awful. If you need to talk just write a reply. I too have nothing but my husband. And its so hard for me to get up and start somewhere cos i’m so afraid. 

Right now, you should be calling the doctor who prescribes for your Bipolar Disorder.  You really need an appointment because of the added stress of your husband's illness and this Covid-19 problem we are all dealing with.

You can't do this alone and so you need to call your doctor.  You might need a medication adjustment at this time.

• Gman

If unchangeable circumstances seem to be controlling your life, try the following:

Focus on what you can control. For example, you may not have full control over your health, but can you exercise, eat healthful food, and get sufficient rest?

Clarify what you would like to accomplish in life. Break it down into small steps. Try to spend at least a little time each day working toward your goals.

Do tasks, even small ones, that give you a sense of control. Clean the kitchen table, and wash the dishes. Dress neatly. Do the most important tasks first thing in the morning.

Look at the possible benefits of your circumstances. For example, does your situation give you greater insight into ways of coping with difficulties? Can you use this insight to help others?

Bottom Line: You may not be able to control your circumstances, but you may be able to control your response to them.

• df

Run away into the woods

You can for a dying cancer patient find in your heart to put up with him to the end any reasonable person can without doubting themselves feel compassion for a cancer patient as you describe. You will feel better for it even if the person doesn't deserve it.