My boyfriends friends keep laughing and calling my mom a milf and I told them to get some respect......and?

Basically, I was hanging out w my boyfriend and his friends and one of his friends said oohhh I bet your moms a milf and starting laughing when I was obviously irritated. I just said "there's a lot of disrespect in that statement". Especially when I know my dad treats my mom horrible I try to defend my family when I know that things are being said that they wouldn't like. Then I confronted my boyfriend later and asked why he didn't stand up for me because these are his friends and my mom is nothing but giving to him. When I confronted him, he said its my fault for continuing the converstation? Am I wrong? I think that if anyones wrong its his friend for making a thoughtless joke. I get its a joke but id expect them to stop when I asked them too. Anddd its not like 1 of them it was like 3 guys yelling at me because they were also drunk. And he did nothing to stand up for me. I really want to forgive but I don't know if I should. also this is not the first time they've said **** abt my family. Do I have a right to be upset and just forget abt him and all his friends. I don't want to date someone who is too scared to stand up for me and who has such classless friends. I get the mom jokes and all but he knows I hate when people talk abt my family so I just don't understand. Am I overreacting and just too sensitive or was I right for trying to stick up for my mom??????????????????????????

• Raja

Your bf is a gutless spineless character. When he is well aware that his drunkard friends are casting unwanted remarks at your mother he should have taken action to put an end to it .Instead  he shifted the blame on to you for talking to them.His attitude is completely wrong .You have the right to forget about him and his idiotic friends.He has no regard and respect towards you. 

• Bob

You're not wrong to be upset but unfortunately, you being upset about it isn't likely to stop a bunch of (presumably teenage?) boys from thinking of an attractive older woman as a MILF.

I understand that you don't want them thinking that way and especially don't want your boyfriend thinking that way but teenage boys are teenage boys and this is just the way their minds work.

What you do have a right to expect is that your boyfriend will not VOICE such thoughts and that he would stand up for her if his friends start to voice such thoughts in front of you.

It's pretty darn simple really. If they want to snigger about how hot your mom is, they can do it when they are NOWHERE near you. If they do it in front of you, knowing you dislike it, they are being very disrespectful and if your boyfriend encourages that, then it's time to get a new one.

No one should be vilified for their thoughts but if they choose to voice those thoughts, knowing that others will be offended, they're just immature and selfish idiots. Teenage boys in other words.

Yes you have the right to be upset, I would feel the same way too. Women should be respected as much as men, especially your mom who has done everything for you. Since this is not the first time they've said **** about your family, it would obviously happen repeatedly in the future. The "jokes" they are laughing about are ignorant and toxic. You are not a sensitive person but rather a person who realizes that her mom has suffered so much for her own daughter. I will not tell you to forget him and his friends because it is your choice. You control how you feel and if you know that you will not tolerant again, then I would advise you distance yourself step by step. 

Firstly you should be proud that your mum is so pretty, but at the same time ditch those mates. They are not wholesome and you don t need people like that around! Oh and dump him of course! Period.....

He is sexually poor and got to know what is a mild from porno

you were right break up with him what a loser