Kitten asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Are there new spam bots now and what is Y!A doing about it?

• .

I believe the Customer Care account that frequently posts below an answer to questions in this subcategory, is a bot. I haven't seen evidence of any other bot accounts recently. There are spam filters set to catch certain types of bot activity.

Whether Yahoo/Verizon is aware of any current spam bot activity on the site or what they are or may do about it, isn't known to us (nor is such info ever shared). If you are aware of specific spam bot accounts, DO share that account info on the feedback forum here https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010 so if there's a potential problem the techs can get ahead of it before it results in another huge attack on the site, as in 2018.

• Zirp

I haven't noticed any spambots

• Daniel

Not new really they been around for a while there just Always trying to Figure out ways to get Around the System

They'll probably bring back Captcha