Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

How do you forget someone you were in love with deeply?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Leto
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It takes time.  Allow yourself to heal.  But the best way is to move on and replace that person with someone else. Someone to focus your thoughts and attention on instead of wallowing in the past.  Someone to look forward to instead of looking backwards.

Best of luck to you.  Stay strong.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Hello, The way you forgot someone who you were deeply in love with is you stay busy. You get a job and at that job you do your best to stay happy and be happy and get along with everybody make friends. Go out with those friends. Have a blast!

• Nitro
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Here's the thing.  You can't ever forget.  The person was a part of your life.

However, you can move forward.  If the relationship is not salvagable, then find ways to distract yourself.  Focus on your hobbies or cultivate your skills.  The idea is that when you learn something new or get good at something, you gain confidence - and confidence will make you realize that you don't need to rely on someone else for happiness.  

• 2 months ago

This is the time to fill your life with something else rather than someone else. Getting into another relationship just to forget the last just means that new relationship will fail.

Why???  Because you haven't given your self time to learn more about your self and the lesson from the failed relationship you just had.

You need to fill your vessel with more life experience(wisdom) before, while and after your dealings with people.

Doing so has helped me alot by knowing what i want from a person and what i expect from a person because i know ME as a person. You will barely go wrong picking a person from that new perspective of you because its clearer what you are seeking for you and from them.

Remember people are people they will always show you and tell you who they are and what they are about good or bad ITS UP TO YOU TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING OR SHOWING YOU. IT ALL COMES FROM WITHIN YOU 1ST BEFORE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND PEOPLE 2ND.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't my first wife cheated on me and we divorced 47 years ago, I still remember  her and the good times we had while we were together.

• 2 months ago

I've never forgotten anyone I was in love with. why would I? you can move on without needing amnesia.

• Matt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe just bang someone else?

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you listen to "our song" and otherwise remind yourself of the someone, you're never going to get over it. You have to exert yourself and resist that urge to wallow in the blues. 

Work hard at thinking about other things instead of thinking about the past. Avoid anything that reminds you of the someone. Keep yourself occupied with other stuff and let time do it's work. 

If there's some interest you've been wanting to look into, now is the time. Join a gym, take those cooking or welding classes, buy a guitar. 

I don't think setting yourself a goal of "find someone else" would be helpful. As likely as not, the results of your efforts will be disappointing and that will only reinforce your dissatisfaction with your love life. Better to give romance a break for a while and devote yourself to interests that don't require a partner. 

Of course if someone intriguing just happens along, there's no reason to not take an interest! 

• 2 months ago

That's a self esteem issue. Until you feel good about yourself you will always base your feelings off someone else. Unless they died or something then you never forget them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.