Are these Rayovac 123A the sane as C or D batteries from Duracell or Energizer ?

I have never seen it heard of 123A battery is the reason why I'm asking.  I am getting Rayovac the beast 2000 lumen flashlight.

Same not sane typo.

Best led flood lights from https://gslightled.com

No, they are a different size. Looking for AA or AAA, those can be had in rechargeable Li-Ion.

• Shadow

123A's are fatter variants of the 12V battery and used normally in devices that require higher energy on demand than what normal AA batteries can't provide.

C batteries are fatter AAA batteries and D batteries are fatter AA batteries. C's and D's have a larger energy capacity than AAA's and AA's but the same output power whereas 123A's have a smaller capacity but higher output.

The 123A is NOT the same as any other cell. 

They are available in many stores and online. 

I would buy Varta (made in Germany), Energizer (made in USA), 

or Ultralast (a cheaper but OK brand). 

Ray-O-Vac is permanently on my Do Not Buy list 

because that's the brand that ruined most of my battery-operated toys. 

Duracell is dangerous because they leak a lot, too.  

No, they are completely different  in size, power and chemistry.

'123' type batteries are high-power lithium batteries. They are not rechargeable and are likely to be far more expensive that  'C' or 'D' sized batteries. Lithium batteries have to be disposed of carefully, ideally through a recycling scheme.

They are completely different.

Don't buy high power flashlight that uses disposable batteries.

I'm pretty sure the 123A battery has much higher voltage than a C battery.  That is the trouble with those "defense" flashlights - they will go through batteries quickly.