Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 months ago

If your first marriage ended in a divorce, what would you do to help avoid divorce in your second marriage?

Not be stupid enough to get married again 

You shouldn't t divorce in your first marriage. Why would things be better with another woman if they Didn t go well with the first woman you met?

Avoid Marriage!

My first marriage ended because the ex did everything to put me down. Mind games and manipulations to the hilt. Second husband knew what I had been through and knew I meant it when I said I wouldn't put up with that behaviour a second time. He did/said 'all the right things' - but it didn't take long where he thought he could sit back while I did all the work with no thanks or gratitude. I took it because I started it all by doting on him in the first place.>( him continually peeing on the floor in the toilet and not even trying to clean up after himself, but expecting me to clean up his filth!) Chinks started appearing when he began to publicly embarrass me. I warned him I'd leave, but he just stood there like a slug. When he went off his head about the video recorder - He went so crazy that I was scared he was going to beat me.I told him I wanted a divorce.  The look on his face was pure magic - he wasn't so smug then . . .  We stayed 'friends', and got along well enough where he actually thought about us resuming our marriage. LMFAO!!!! I don't know if he was arrogant enough to actually think I wanted to go back to him - or if he thought I was stupid enough to forget what it was like living with him. NO WAY JOSE!! The best decision I ever made!!

• SW-6

First - never get married again and have to deal with the stress and pressure of the legal side of things and moral side.  If you have a true connection with another soul the most important "spiritual" side will take over and the legal and moral sides either will not apply or not put an 80 pound rock on your back.  Don't get me wrong - Marriage is a good thing.  After my divorce and finding the man of my dreams, I

realize what I always really wanted was the "spiritual" side of it.  The love, the holding hands, the you and me together walking thru life, the date night, rubbing noses together, wanting only me, respect, etc.  Yes some of this would fall under moral side but if you find the one meant for you, it comes naturally.  It has been 11 years with the man I was meant to be with, and I look forward to  a life with this man and no marriage is necessary.  Look at Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, Oprah and Stedman.  I firmly believe the stress expectations and fear of the legal ramifications of marriage has a big hand in destroying a marriage.  This is just me.  You all do what you must.  Good luck to you :)

I would totally go all lesbian if a man cheated on me I was married to :) 

Divorce truly means it’s something wrong with the person or one’s self! Self love is important and marriage is a big step most people take it as a joke.  

I believe the best thing for alot of people is not to get married for a 2nd time.

Why, because too many people dont learn from there mistakes from the 1st marriage and are domed to repeat them in there 2nd marriage. Both sides made some form of mistakes because we are human and it cant be helped. How many and to what degree thats the million dollar question for which people dont want to admit to or want to face.

In order for us to become a better person for your self or the next person you marry you have to look in the mirror and ask "HOW CAN I BETTER"

• Kelly

I was young my first marriage.  Started dating at 16, married at 22 and divorced at 28.  We grew up together but also grew apart together.  We didn't have a messy divorce, it was amicable.  We spent much of the marriage apart due to the military.  We were separated relationship wise for a couple years before we divorced.  He's a good guy, just not the guy for me long term.  Though we were together for 6 years before we married it was still too soon because we were too young.  Neither of us had experienced much life, hadn't been through school, hadn't lived independently and at that age ultimately didn't know what we wanted long term.  We have 2 kids and we opted to divorce while they were young to limit the impact on them and it seems to have worked they don't remember us living together.  Had we waited longer to marry we either would have figured out how to make it work or ultimately realized we weren't right for each other.

I got remarried at 30 and my current husband couldn't be more different than my first husband.  We have more in common, we communicate better with each other.  We have similar parenting styles.  We're both good with money.  We both have good credit.  He accepted and raised my kids from my first marriage as his own and we have additional kids together.  He and I have been married for 17 years.

I wouldn't remarry husband #1.