What punishment should the Minnesota cop face?

The one who kneeled on the man, killing him? Do you think he should face any jail time and if so, how much? Was it premeditated murder or a case of negligent manslaughter? 

40 Answers

Relevance
  • Tasm
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

We don't have all the facts. If he did it because he is a jerk, then give him 10 years in prison no early parol. But if he did it because he didn't know how to do his job properly, then police training needs updated and he should never be allowed to be a cop again. Just because he said that he could not breath, doesn't mean he was telling the truth. He could have been saying that to get leverage on the cop. Cops have to deal with scumbags all the time, that is why they often treat good people poorly. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Electrocuted and his corpse should be preserved in a black museum

• 1 month ago

life in prison. in north korea. :)

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Remember, ALL law enforcement officers wear Body Cams.....and depending on what is observed - then the police officer will be charged accordingly.  I'm NOT defending the police officer - I'm just saying wait for the Proof before jumping onto the band wagon.  The black man's girl friend has already begged the protesters to please stop because he loved Minnesota so much and would NEVER want anyone to protest.  It's a complicated matter and we must allow the experts to find the answers.  This incident happened in ONE city - NOT the entire country and it is NOT right for people to loot and destroy for 'made up' reasons......or to do this because they are being paid by Obama and Soros to cause havoc just because President Trump beat Hillary.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Polices found a new way to kill suspect without firing their weapons. After the killing of Eric Garner, the choked hold is becoming a way of killing. Polices officer in the murder of George Floyd for this premeditated murder, they must be changed with first degree.

I am not an Black Americans, but what I saw in the video, was cool blood murder.  Law enforcement in America are becoming as corrupt as those of many developing countries. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Tasm
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Becoming? They always have been, just camera in recent history are showing it more. 

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The police officer should be charged with murder.  Floyd said many times that he couldn't breathe, bystanders said the same thing to the officer who ignored all pleas. The man was handcuffed, lying on the ground so he wasn't resisting arrest.  Floyd was helpless.  It doesn't take rocket science to know that kneeling on someone's neck for at least five minutes results in death.  The other police officers who were present should also be charged. In addition the police officer had his hand in his pocket during the entire episode. and that speaks volumes such as the callous disregard for a human life. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

“ an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth” might be nice. You crush somebody’s life out of them with your knee and somebody crushes your life out of you with their knee. So you know how they felt when they were struggling to stay alive and knew they weren’t going to live to see another moment of sunlight. I even heard somebody said that the guy was actually calling out for his mother. If a grown man does that you can imagine the kind of horror he was experiencing

• Victor1 month agoReport

Agreed. That cop was just hateful and utterly abusing his authority. His behavior was sadistic and barbaric. But the body cam will prove that. What I disagree with is the 3rd degree murder charge. Why not 2nd?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You mean once he's tried and convicted of murder?  The death penalty, if Minnesota had it.  However, if I'm not mistaken, they don't.  So, I suppose they could lock him in solitary for life; That seems fitting.

• ...Show all comments
    • 1 month agoReport

No solitary protection of the scum. GENERAL POPULATION. Let the convicts have him!

• 1 month ago

He should be charged with a crime and given a trial first.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Oh, but he HAS now.  But yes, the trial will work well, though oddly the police officer in question didn't give FLOYD "his day in court".  And we aren't talking about "accidental death", but NO ONE can survive "9 minutes of being choked".  Not even "Marine Boy" with Oxigum....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

An eye for an eye ... Hopefully then police will realize such behavior is unacceptable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.