low base makes me stop breathing?

This is really weird and I can't seem to find any information on this other than similarities to sleep apnea, only it happens when I'm awake. To clarify, if I am listening to music with a low baseline, or any kind of very low pitch noise is happening around me, I stop breathing. Not holding my breath, just not taking in any air. I don't even realise I'm not breathing until I either feel my chest tighten, or I get a headache. Once I do realise I'm not breathing I usually take a very large, long breath, and it seems to feel like I've come out of a dream. Like the world was muted and I had just snapped out of it.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? I've never had any medical complications in my life, so maybe its psychological? I can't go anywhere to further look into this, (like a doctor, or psychologist) but in previous physical checkups my family doctor has never pointed out anything abnormal.

Any help or possible information sources are greatly appreciated!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.