Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

How do I become a person who is likeable? One of those “magnetic” people who is liked?

Yes I listen and am genuine in that

Update:

A colleague is like this..

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dv8s
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Friendship is like a plant, you have to care for it before it will blossom.

• 3 months ago

As I told one of my kids before she started her new job (she was just out of school) Just smile and say hello to people - even when they don't. It didn't take long, she was one of the very popular juniors in the organisation. People avoid you if you walk around with a scowl or ignore them when they talk to you.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i would just be nice to people

• 3 months ago

Smile at everyone.  Doing so will make you appear friendly and approachable.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Some people just have that magic touch. We all know someone like that. It's born, not made. The best the rest of us can do is try to BE interested (not just 'seem') in whoever we're talking to.

• 3 months ago

There is no one right way to have what you might see as the X factor.  Best you can do is stay true to who you are, rather than be disingenuous in your behavior/attitude.  Be welcoming of others, be open-minded and accepting, be kind and compassionate, and authentically like others who support your wellbeing.  Important to remember, comparing yourself to others is counterproductive, so be open to switching your focus onto yourself and your own life, your own conduct and general behavior.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If there’s a secret I’ve never heard of it.  I had a boss like that - people just loved him. He got free upgrades to first class (no points or Diamond status). I once saw him get a few souvenirs and candy (about $20) from a restaurant gift shop.  The clerk literally said “It’s ok, just take it.”  I was like “ WTF did I just see happen?”

And it’s not like the guy looked like a movie star.  He was a chubby, smiling Chinese guy. But he just had natural magnetism.  Unreal. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.