Tavy
Lv 7
Tavy asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

New format again in the UK ? where are my notifications and answers ?

Update:

If we go onto our account on right hand side, Our Answers are on there. WHY ????

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The worst thing is that the navigation seems to prefer the 'discover' rather than 'answer' tab so you don't see the newer questions first. The pinned categories is a good feature but would be better to go to the 'live' questions rather than the older ones.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • No one knows why they made the change but it seems the residence expert has all the answers again.  Which in this case is way off the mark.

As for your notifications, you can find them on the top right next to Mail.  To find your Profile Activity Page go to your user name on the top right.  Hover over it and select .View Answers Profile

• Carol do you really think schools are going to start on time or at all.  I am talking all over the world.  Where have you been the last few months?

• 1 month ago

It's not just you. The format has changed in the USA too. That is not unusual for Yahoo to do that this time of an academic year in the United States. In a normal academic semester schedule, the first summer term would be starting next week. 

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Carol what has this to do with academic semesters, this is now an international site.

• 1 month ago

The bell icon on the top right hand side of the page will get you to the notifications.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Things look different on the US version too. You asked where were your answers, then update that your answers are on the right hand side, so that question is answered. As for WHY, that's not something anyone here can answer. If you dislike the new format, the feedback forum https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010 is the place to suggest changes or alert the staff to problems with the site.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I use mobile, I cannot see my questions to award best answer unless I go off of anon to click on myself in an answer, not on my profile, then I can see a list.

I never bother with notifications, but you can on the email site page.

USA here.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Same thing in the USA and you can still find the Notifications button at the Moment by clicking on your Username on the Right side of the Page and then look to the Left for the Notifications Button Im wondering if they have Plans to Phase out the Notification System or do something else with It 

• Lee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Click on the bell at the top-right corner of your screen. It's been moved there.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It has just changed for me too, and the links have disappeared for notifications and answers. Such is progress. At least it is a bit more legible.

Edit: Notifications still available if you go to someone else's Q/A page. Very odd.

• 1 month ago

Right. It just caught me by surprise too. It is not an improvement and, as you say, useful features seem to be missing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.