Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

Noone ( colleagues, clients) ever thanks me at work even though I  work as hard as others, should I keep doing my job to my best or worry?

Others have thnk you cards and chocolates and praise.

Update:

I do not expect praise chocolate or a card, but so worry that 80- 90% others get them..

Update 2:

Ok boomer...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Just keep doing your job.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You get paid to do your job.  You shouldn't expect "praise, chocolate or a card."   Continue to do your job to the best of your ability.  If you can help your coworkers, great.

• 3 months ago

It is not a great sign that others get thank-you cards, chocolates and praise so maybe they aren't thrilled with your work.  Keep trying your best.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

There is no such word as 'Noone".  It's two words - "No one" . 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Do you not get paid at this job? What do you need thanks for?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i would just be thankful you have a job, wish i did

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If others in your line of work get praise and candy you can probably assume you're not as competent as you believe yourself to be. 

• 3 months ago

You should raise it with your manager that you feel like you work really hard but don't get the same recognition as others, and is there a reason for that. Often, someone who normally does OK but occasionally works hard will stand out more than someone who works hard all the time, just because it looks like they're going beyond their normal (regardless of that normal being less than others). If your manager/team aren't noticing your hard work, you need to advocate for yourself and point out to them that you're working hard and feel like you're being left out.

• 3 months ago

You say you do not expect praise, chocolates or a card and yet you post here questioning whether you should continue to maintain your standard because you are not thanked in the workplace.  If you have no expectation of receiving gratitude for doing your job, you would be comfortable with the current perceived gratitude extended to your colleagues and you would continue to focus on your own productivity.  if you truly feel you are being excluded, speak up and have a conversation with your Manager.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

They hate you, face it...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.