Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 month ago

Will the fertility rate rise due to COVID-19 lockdowns?

I somewhat doubt (and fervently hope) that people who got pregnant due to lockdown and perhaps lack of access to birth control will assess their ability to raise a child in the post pandemic economy and will realistically choose some other option if they find their finances too precarious. 

Fertility rate? Are you sure you don't mean the birth rate? I don't know that a virus wouI ld increase fertility though it might decrease it. Infections being what they are, destruction of the body. I am also wonder the same, if birth rate will go through the roof like in NY when the power went out a few decades ago. Also wonder if the divorce rate will go through the roof. The stats are in on domestic violence. Up by 30% so far. 

No, it has been decreasing.  Many people do not what to have children when the future looks so uncertain.

Yes the next baby boomers are coming. God help us all