Keith asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 6 months ago

What do do with several HSA accounts?

Hello. I have two old HSA accounts from former jobs that are currently sitting and dwindling away by monthly fees.

I have tried to switch to a lower fee company, but they require you to have a current HSA insurance premium to open an account, which I don't have.

Is there any way I can put these into a retirement fund or something?   

There are some places that allow you to move an HSA to them without having a current HSA insurance premium.  The last time I checked, one of the better deals was with Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union (etfcu.org) which was letting you put the HSA money into HSA CDs paying surprising high interest rates for an HSA.  (In spite of the name, you didn't have to be a teacher to join.  However, there was a requirement to deposit $5 on non-HSA money, but that's probably less than you're losing in fees now.)

Open an account at fidelity and transfer them both there into one larger account. No fees. And then maybe invest in an S&P 500 index fund or something.