If I compress a cuffed prisoners neck for 7 minutes till he dies, am I a murderer?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Connor
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes, Derek Chauvin got charged with his 3rd degree murder 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

In this scenario are you in law enforcement or a fellow prisoner?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you intended to kill this prisoner, of course. 

• Anna
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

And he obviously DID intend to kill George Floyd. He stayed kneeling on his neck even after he said several times he couldn't breathe.

• 1 month ago

If I burn my local hospital but refuse to find Derek Chauvin and burn him, does that make me a confused idiot?

• Anna
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

It makes you an angry idiot who should protest but NOT by setting fire to a hospital.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is why there are so many different charges that can be brought.  Did you plan to kill him?  Did you get in the situation with no intent, but circumstances changed to make you kill?  Did you act in a manner that could possibly lead to death without intending to do so?  Those are the basic definitions of Murder 1, 2, and 3  (Although some states vary, and many don't even have murder 3 and instead use manslaughter as a substitute. In Minneapolis they used both just to cover their bases).  So to answer your question you may be a murderer, but also may just be a manslaugter-er.

• 1 month ago

The man kept saying he couldn't breathe and was ignored. That cancels 'manslaughter' and becomes MURDER!  RIP George Floyd.

• 1 month ago

Yes. You can't claim self defence. That being too much force.  He must ja e  even passed out by that amount of time. So the person would have  been rendered not harmfull.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course you are.  Why do you even need to ask?

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Manslaughter                       .

• ...Show all comments
    • Anna
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Murzy Georges death wasn't an accident. He told the guy constantly he couldn't  breathe but he still kneeled on his neck. Sounds like murder to me.

• nah … the  judge  will  rap  his  gavel  on  the  pedestal … and  charge  you  for  having  cóítůs  with  the  other  ingrate.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.