Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

Opinions on the name Roman?

I’m thinking of naming my newborn son Roman Zachary Harpe, we have a daughter named Alma Roselyn Harpe already :) Alma and Roman? xxxx ❤️🤎

Maximus Roman Harpe

• blank

It is a nice name.

Roman Zachary is lovely, I like the way it feels modern yet still solid and sensible. Alma is a cute, vintage name too :)

• Helen

Not keen. Consider Rowan. 

His name is going to be Roman Harpe. It makes him sound like an artifact. No.

I love Roman .  I couldn’t use it though . It sounds dumb with my last name but good with yours

Ignore all the negative comments, most of us feel Alma and Roman are such sweet names. Bless them both :)

• Moya

Great name 

...

I honestly really like the name Roman. I have a friend who's little boy is named Roman, and he is just the sweetest cutest little thing. In my opinion It's a good strong male name. I see this fitting on all stages of life from infancy to being a senior citizen. Roman Zachary Harpe has a really nice flow to it. I also think that Roman and Alma go very nicely in sibling set. Both are classic, timeless names, that will age well. Congratulations on your little boy!

The name sounds fine.

Your other child's name DOES NOT MATTER.

You should give your new child their own name and it DOES NOT need to "match" or "sound good" with any other children you have.

I would HATE my mother if she picked my name just because it "sounded good" with my sibling's names.  I deserved my OWN name and not something that created a "set".  Luckily - my mother DID give each of us a name that was picked for each of us and not because it "matched" the previous sibling names.

• Marie

Some people like that