Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

My parents ruined me?

My parents wouldn't let me go outside or play with the other kids when I was a child which caused me to not have social skills, not want to be around other people, and be extremely shy. My parents also wouldn't let me do anything on my own or teach me how to stand up for myself which caused me to be dependent on other people and be a doormat. If I were to go out into the world I'd be extremely lost.

• edward

Stop blaming your parents for your own failures.  That is not something worthy

Get over yourself. Take charge. Maybe then you will realize you are not as weak as you think

That can't be true.  Why?  Because when one becomes an adult they take responsibility for themselves which allows them to change into whom every they wish themselves to be.  Yes, entering into a world that you lack experience may be scary at first but that is a hurdle you can overtake.  Thus you are not "ruined".