Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Embarrassing?? Hurt?? I don't know how I am supposed to react....?

Before the age of five, I was molested by my uncle. I blocked it out of my memory for years, but little things would set me off to react physically violent towards other people (when I was young and it was still happening). When I was older he always threatened to hurt me and tried to kill me a few times. I never said anything because I was scared he'd try to hurt my family, or that they wouldn't believe me. Fast forward 15 years...I have left living in the same home as him (yes we shared a house) and swore to myself Id never see him again. However, five years ago I posted on his child-counciiling website (yes...hes a molestor and also a child counselor, the irony) that he was a child molestor. I didn't think anything about what I had posted, I just wanted to "get him back" as much as I could at the time. HOWEVER...RECENTLY his daughter saw the post who showered him and then showed our grandmother who showed my dad and now I don't know what I should do. I tried to tell my dad when I was younger but he didnt believe me....but now, he always tells me to come "home" because he's gone and has started treating me different and being nice or getting me things. What do I do? Im too embarrassed to say anything because no one will respond and their family is not emotional and ignored these things...they are also extremely weird and psychologically odd. I've distanced myself from all of them except my dad but I don't know how to feel or how to react or if im even "safe" from my uncle 

i wouldve told the police about it

If your uncle is really a "child counselor," then you need to report him to your state's licensing board.  Think about the children that could be in danger as we speak.  Meanwhile, see a therapist to help you deal with your anxiety and self-esteem issues.

It is your DUTY to report your experience with your uncle to a board that oversees the licensing of counselors. You should be very concerned about him harvesting other victims from his business practice patients.

Remember Larry Nassar, the gymnast "doctor' who sexual  abused hundreds of children and adolescent girls? He used his authority and position as his sexual play ground while harvesting girls for his perversion. Look it up on youtube....the testimony and strength these girls possess to face their abuser is nothing short of inspirational. I think you can gain strength from their truth.

If I were you, I would meditate to remember every single detail of the events while you were being molested. Where did it happen, when, what season was it, where we're your family when this happened, who you told and when....put it all in writing and send off a mass mailing to your family and cousins. The family needs to know in order to protect their young. If you can save just one more victim from uncle pedophile  it is worth the Bulls hit coming your way for letting out the secret. I would also report this to the police. You see, with the word out, your uncle won't retaliate because the spot light will be on him.

I would yell your story from the roof tops and not give a damn if no one believes me. That is their problem, not yours.