Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I can’t sleep because of my ocd ?

So I have really really bad ocd at night where I have to check my phone and go through my social media to make sure I didn’t miss anything, and sometimes it gets to the point where I’m up until 3 am trying to make everything perfect. I might not get barely any sleep. Help?

I have servre ocd I use to do that as one of my rituals i became addicted to the internet i deleted all my social media and just kept my friends phone numbers and created a timetable for myself on what i want to do during my days living through a computer isn't a life to live and i got so fed up of it i did something that i will thank myself for later because time is all you have and you don't wanna be wasting time being a slave for obsessions it's uncomfortable and a long progress to change things

I'm not sure if those are symptoms of the anxiety disorder ocd or FOMO (fear of missing out :)  

For those who believe that he or she has the anxiety disorder, for instance, either a licensed *clinical psychologist* (PhD or PsyD) or a *licensed-clinical social worker* (LCSW) may provide an "official" mental health diagnosis.  Either type of therapist may administer cognitive-behavioral therapy (cbt), for instance, which deals with how one's thoughts may affect one's behavior.

This website should have some local counseling agencies:

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

Their toll-free 24/7 ** referral ** hotline:

1-800-662-HELP (4357).

You need to learn to meditate and to calm your mind.  This isn’t something that comes naturally to a person, it’s a learned skill. 

You have an unhealthy obsession with social media but it's not OCD. There's no magic medication that will stop you doing this or even therapy you simply need to get a grip and take some responsibility for your actions. Don't take your phone to bed and get a grip.

• LAN

Sounds like an idiocy problem.  If you aren't bright enough to stop the behavior that keeps you up then you aren't really trying to be helped.  Grow up and stop begging for attention.

close all social media accounts

switch off your phone and keep it in another room. you must sleep latest by 10 pm and get 8 hours of sound sleep.