Does it make sense to use more plastic, aluminum foil, and disposable products for the rest of COVID?

I feel like since the supermarkets have still been stocked lately, it makes sense to purchase as much as the products left as I could. Is it better to consume more take out food, prepackaged products, and buy excess of paper plates, plastic cutlery, and single use containers?

I really can't see any reason to want to do that. Most stores have food in them now, not everything, my area is still lacking in baking goods, but for the most part, unless your dish washer doesn't work, or you don't have hot water to wash dishes, there is no reason to waste money on disposable items. As far as takeout goes, I won't buy it as I am not going to take a chance on someone else following correct hygeine procedures when handling my food. I know that sounds paranoid, but I worked in the food industry for 17 years, and that is a total eye opener regarding how dirty people can actually be, both workers AND customers. I will say, though, that I do eat a lot of pre-packaged meals, and a lot of snack type foods, as I live alone and I am just that lazy, but that has been a fault of mine long before covid hit. 

No, I can't think of any circumstances when it would be “better” to buy the things you mention.

Why do you think that?

• kswck2

The hoarding of goods when Corona broke out was something no one could understand. I mean who Absolutely needs 400 rolls of toilet paper? Yet people were fighting over it. And who Must have 60 cases of bottled water-it comes from the Tap, for crying out loud-this is not a 3rd world country without running water. But with all that, comes the waste from all that. Now people are using rubber gloves for everything, which, once used is being discarded on the ground-not even in garbage cans. No, it doesn't make sense, but people as a whole also do not make sense.