Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

A woman in my family was abused as a child by her older brother and is a very bitter adult. Does sexual abuse cause this?

Her bitterness is not even about the abuse or at least she does not display it as about this.

Update:

Her brother is a monster 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Sexual abuse can certainly cause a variety of emotional problems, and bitterness could be one of them.  It could come out in many different ways, not all or even any of them obviously connected to the abuse.

I'm actually a little surprised that you're asking.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think it could cause that

• 1 month ago

Victims of abuse go through a range of emotion. There are a thousand reasons for a victim to be bitter. 

Imagine that the parents are blamed for either not protecting her or maybe they do not  believe her. It is typical for abusers to be sexual assault victims themselves. Sometime parents protect the abusers to keep "peace" in the family. Imagine how infuriating it is to a victim to have validation robbed from them. It severely effects the healing process when victims are not  believe or when family downplays the events or even flat out calls them a LIAR.

So, excusssssse me, your lack of comprehension or understanding is as meaningless as your stupid statement....who the hell are you to determine how sexual abuse effects a person? You are clueless and incredibly ignorant about how sexual abuse effects the psyche. 

• Helen
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What would you think?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.