how and why do you need a visa to bring your family and children to another country?

bonus question why are the requirements for a native spouses relationship being "real" differant from a visa spouse relationship?

Update:

ok let me rephrase this question, in all nations it is illegal to abandon your spouse and child, so HOW is a law that basically forces a man to do that to his family legal.

why are there not family visa's?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You are not very knowledgeable about FAMILY immigration.

It is allowed.

The children and for immigration purposes those living at home under age 18 can be considered along with the spouse. This family arrangement is harder to get as most cannot afford the initial start up costs associated with moving to a new place.

Families often have a parent that works away from home for many reasons.How they deal with their children is their issue. It is not a crime to work away from home for example a remote construction site or in the big city or other place the job is at.

The CRIME is when the away parent does not send money to care for their family.

MOST but not all families start with ONE parent going to prepare a new home for their family. Things like a place to sleep, where the children will go to school and other day to day requirements of living.

It is estimated by many the cost to move is from about $5000 to $10,000 per person MOST cannot afford to move everyone the first day of work in the new place.

MANY only want to come for a short time in order to work and send money back to their families.No different than when a parent works at remote mine or distant factory in their land.

MILLIONS on the planet do not have jobs nearby and are willing to go a long distance and put up with isolation to provide for their family. The way it has been for a very long time.The days of mailing money home are rare as it is now done with electronic funds transfers at your bank.

FAMILY passports were issued in the past as children rarely went without parents.Times have changed and MOST countries no longer issue them. Modern society and Adults doing what adults do has created complicated mixes of natural children to one couple, adopted children, children from previous partners, children from shall we say limited father's influence beyond breeding day.

Family Visas do exist. They are not easy to get. MOST if the objective is to move the entire family plan on it taking years to accomplish.

• Iron heart1 month agoReport

is it just one visa application for the whole family or does the country you are going to force you to migrate one at a time?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

EACH person must have their own passport & visa, regardless of age. Minor children should be accompanied by both parents - parents can apply for their minor child's visa when they apply for their own visas. 

Your Q regarding "native spouses" vs "visa spouse" makes no sense. What are you going on about? Are you talking about fiancé and/or spouse visas for the immigration of a foreign spouse, or travel visas for spouses?

• ...Show all comments

did not realize my question was not in law and ethics my bad,the question is WHY and  HOW when leaveing your wife and child is a crime,
      why do family visa's not exist?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All nations require visas for immigration because they must be able to vet people and keep track of who's coming and going. This is because their primary responsibility is to the citizens of those nations and a country without borders isn't a country. If you're asking about Native Americans, things are slightly different for tribal members owing to a network of various treaties Native nations signed with the US federal government over the decades. 

• ...Show all comments

a type of visa that would have up to five people covered under the one as a family all father mother and children,{no grandmas or aunts}
      they could vet all five at once.

• 1 month ago

You'd need a dependent visa. 

• ...Show all comments

a person who can only afford one visa but needs to move cant just choose not to he or she is  FORCED  by the fact the creators of the law and visas did not think to make family visa's to do so,
      how are those visas lawful

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because that is that countries immigration laws..

• ...Show all comments

i am not the one who made it to were i need three differant visas instead of one for a whole family like a retard,that was the countries fault, if i had to move i did not choose to abandon them the nations dumb visa set up forced me to, how do these visas not break international law?

• 1 month ago

Edit:  Countries stopped issuing "family" passports long ago. Today, each traveler - regardless of age or relationship - must have their own passport and their own visa. 

You have to say your nationality, the country you want to go to, and the reason you want to go.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.