Is “La-a” a good name?
Hello, some of my coworkers and family have criticized the name I want my child to have when she is born. I think it’s a very unique and beautiful name. The pronunciation is LAH DASH AH.
- ebonyrufflesLv 61 month ago
You can't be serious.
- Katrina E.Lv 71 month ago
It's a decade old urban legend - so neither unique nor beautiful.
"Symbols and letters can be combined to form words that are easily pronounceable based on the understood sounds assigned to various symbols: The male name “Matt” could be rendered as “M@” for instance, with most people easily working out how to say it. However, such a system of creative (or “kre8tiv”) spellings has some drawbacks, which we’ll highlight by looking at how those factors would affect a name like “Le-a”:
* Not all symbols go by only one name. While the “-” in “Le-a” could be parsed as “dash,” it could just as easily be read as “hyphen” or even “minus.” Such alternate interpretations of the “-” would render “Ledasha” as “Lehyphena” and “Leminusa.”
* Confusion would exist when a symbol employed in a name could also serve as a pronunciation guide. The dash in “Le-a” could just as validly be read as a separator between two distinct parts of the word that are to be pronounced as distinct syllables. What is meant as “Ledasha,” therefore, could be understood by some to mean “Lee-ahh.”
* Symbols aren’t pronounced the same in every language. The dash in “Le-a” could render the name as “Letraita” in French, for instance.
In the ten years since we first published this article, we’ve heard from hundreds of people who have claimed that they knew a student, classmate, patient, neighbor, co-worker — or relative thereof — named “Le-a,” yet the existence of any person actually so named remains elusively undocumented. "Source(s): https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/le-a/
- Anonymous2 months ago
Did you snort a lot of glue when you were young?
- CatherineLv 62 months ago
It's in no way unique or beautiful
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- pit bulls biteLv 72 months ago
- AmarettaLv 72 months ago
I doubt that you're even pregnant. You're just trying to trigger people here. La-a, is not even original; other little girls, unfortunately, have already been saddled with that name.
- edwardLv 72 months ago
Why not use the name “_” or “ ,” becauee they’re stupid. Pronouncing punctuation in names is stupid. Can you imagine that. “Hey Underscore, can you answer this question?
- RinkydinkLv 72 months ago
Your coworkers and family are correct. La-a is cute and fine for a 5 year old, not for an adult to be saddled with through life.