Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Which laptop should i buy?

I know they’re both horrendous it’s only to access childhood photos on an external hard drive.

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favourite answer

Friend I'm going to recommend it to you and older laptop with a lot of power! At a very decent price Dell m 4500 get one off of eBay with 8 gigs of RAM and at least a 2.6 i7 processor. Be careful because they do make them with the stupid slow 1.7. and if you really want the thing to be stupid powerful fast buy a solid state drive or a hybrid drive to replace the current hard drive that's in it. The original price for these things was $1,500. And these computers run better than anything that you're going to get in Walmart and you'll pay less than $325 for a good solid fast computer. You could also get the later m 4600 or the m 4700 for a few more dollars with even more power still for under $325. I work with them all the time you can't get a computer at Walmart that's faster

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The Packard Bell in red probably has an i3-2310M CPU from year 2011 scoring only 1144 with an old HDD unless it was replaced. The Acer 5349 with the Celeron B815 was the cheapest available laptop at the time in year 2012 and with a CPU score of 692 is slower than modern cellular smart phones also with the old hard drive.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Where in the UK are you at? They are both overpriced rubbish.

1955 score business laptop £130 plus postage from Birmingham year 2013:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E5...

1694 score £140 with a 120GB ssd replaced in it, from Birmingham year 2013/2014

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-350-G2-15-6-in-Lapto...

Postage may be £15.   

• 4 months ago

Get the cheapest, for 140 quid, you can't expect much. AND you can haggle, it says "or best offer" 😉 Enjoy! 🙂  

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I don't WANT you to access more photos!  I'm reporting 300 questions a day as it is.  Stick a fork in a light socket, instead.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • H
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

I would get neither of them. Go to Your local Electronic store and get a New cheap one, or get a refurbished one from a trusted refurbisher.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Mildred? Is that you?

So why spam Mildred? Why all the stupid questions?

Yes, post the truth and ask for help, in the appropriate sections. Being a stupid troll, spamming the same stuff is just idiotic.

You are not going to get any help if you do not talk.

• Marco
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

If you are buying only for that one purpose, get the cheapest one you possibly can. A 40 quid tablet with a usb port might actually be a better choice. 

• Dze
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

anything can do that with a usb port .. go to walmart and get the cheapest one they got ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.